Monday, April 28, 2008

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder

So I went to one of my local florists the other day, just looking for some pretty flowers so that I could take some photos just for fun. I had it in my head that I wanted a pink flower, possibly a gerber daisy to sell prints, cards and whatnots of to help with my Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk fundraising. (and maybe to give a print to my mom for Mother's Day) I looked around, selecting a few flowers and chatting with the florist. I told her that I was just getting some random blooms to photograph and asked her if she had any pink gerbers. She walks to one of the coolers and tells me that she is sorry, but she only has one in there, andt that it is really malformed. She shows it to me and I immediately tell her I'll take it. I think this is what I love most about photography, being able to look at something others would pass up or toss in the trash and seeing something absolutely beautiful. Shhhh! Don't tell my mom about this if you know her! It's being printed up for her as we speak. I can't wait to give it to her on this extra-special Mother's Day!

Edit-I have had requests to purchase copies of this image. If you would like to purchase a print or set of notecards with this photo, you may go HERE to do so. All proceeds from the sale of this image will be donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure as part of my Breast Cancer 3 Day walk fundraising efforts.

No comments: