Thursday, October 18, 2007

One-in-eight

I know I've not posted in a long time, but the past month has been both extremely busy and extremely difficult for me. Some of you have heard already, but for those who have not, my mom was diagnosed several weeks ago with breast cancer. I am sharing this information for one reason, and one reason only, to remind all the women reading this to do your monthly self exams, and to get your mammograms. Please, please, please! One in eight is the number of women who will be diagnosed with this disease. 1 in 8! So in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and in honor of the fight my mom is currently undertaking, please make sure your lifestyle is as healthy as possible, eliminate what risk factors you can and do your self exams and get your mammograms. And make sure all the women in your life are doing the same.
Come back and visit again soon. I have tons of new photos to share.


No comments: